We all know that too much alcohol consumption is very harmful in our body. It can lead to various diseases and even death. So what are the specific effects of alcohol consumption? Below are my short list for not taking alcohol moderately.
- It impairs your behavior and emotions. Your judgment becomes uncontrollable and constitute to loss of memory.
- Alcohol is a depressant. It is an alternative for relieving pain and to induce sleep because is slows down the central nervous system.
- It can damage your liver and may cause hepatitis and cancer.
- It can effect sexual performance. Too much alcohol can result to impotence and infertility. Some develops breast cancer or breast enlargement.
- Menstrual irregularities and early menopause are the common cause for women who drink immoderately.
- It can cause throat cancer.
- Can cause severe headache and dizziness.
- Contribute of having diarrhea
- Can cause colon cancer
- Affects the bones by limiting the body's absorption of calcium making it weaker and brittle.
- Increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Most heart problems are linked to excessive alcohol consumption including hypertension.
- You have lower resistance to infection.
If you analyze the list above, all major organs are affected from alcohol abuse. It is better to drink alcohol moderately and occasionally. Prevent yourself from serious health problems caused by drinking alcohols.
Drinking alcohol can give us relaxation and enjoyment. But we still have to reconsider our health and avoid having diseases caused by this vices. Alcohol must be responsibly taken in moderation and with control. Remember to love yourself by living healthy.